Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Sausage Spinach Bake
* 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
* 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
* 3 eggs
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onions and garlic; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.