2 1/4 cup self-rising flour
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
* Whisk together flour and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
* In a large mixing bowl, cream butter.
* Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
* Add vanilla.
* Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
* Add flour/spice mixture to sugar mixture in three additions. Alternate with pumpkin in two additions, ending with flour mixture.
* Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate chunks.
* Drop on cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes about four dozen cookies.
* Let cool.
You can use an ice cream scooper to get evenly proportioned cookies. And make your cookies look as good as they taste. Just save some chocolate chunks and stick them right on top of the cookie batter before you throw them in the oven.
Maple Brown Butter Frosting
3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp maple flavoring
* Sift sugar and set aside.
* Melt butter over medium heat until golden brown. Watch closely so it does not burn.
* Add butter to sugar, scraping all the butter into the bowl.
* Add milk and maple flavoring. Stir until smooth.
* Spread on top of cookies with an knife or offset spatula.