2 boxes lasagna noodles
6 chicken breast cooked, cooled and cut into pieces
2 large onions
3 garlic cloves; minced
4 cups mushrooms, sliced
6 cups grated parmesan cheese (approx)
1 recipe béchamel sauce (below)
1 recipe tomato sauce (below)
1. Sauté onions, garlic, mushroom in a little bit of EVOO for about 5 minutes.
2. Place a small amount of tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish
3. Place lasagna noodles on top
4. Make layer as follows:
· béchamel sauce
· onion mixture
· tomato sauce
· Parmesan cheese
5. Repeat until you have about six layers or the pan is full. Leave enough room at the top to spread some tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with butter.
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven covered with foil for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until a crust has formed on top.
2 cups milk
4 TBSP butter
½ cup all purpose flour
Dash of salt
Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Mix together until it pulls into a soft dough.
Add the milk and bring to boil until thickened—stirring constantly.
Add nutmeg. Add salt to taste.
Set aside ready to use.
1 clove garlic
1 onion finely chopped
4 TBSP butter
10 Roma tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp sugar
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
EVVO as needed
Sauté garlic, onion, and dried basil in the butter until the onion is transparent.
Add Roma tomatoes and sugar. Cook for approximately 20 minutes
Salt and pepper to taste