Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cafe Rio Pulled Pork

This is a go-to at my house. I love eating it in salads, or as burritos in some good tortillas (Carolina's if you have a chance!) with fresh cilantro, sliced avocados, and Kraft Green Goddess dressing (I'm too lazy to make my own dressing, and I think this storebought stuff is GREAT with this)

Pork Loin  (Pork SHOULDERS shred the best. I buy the huge ones from Costco and cut them into four roasts)
  1. Remove Chilies from the can of adobo sauce.
  2. Rinse chilies and can with the coke to get all the sauce. You are using the sauce and not the chilies for this recipe.
  3. Add 1-2 chilies for spice, more if you're daring
  4. Put all ingredients except pork in the blender. Blend until smooth.
  5. Pour over pork in crock pot.
  6. Cook on low for 7-9 hours until it pulls apart easily. After cooking, shred with forks.

No comments: